We offer classes for all ages, from children ages Nursery to adult. Children from infant to 3 years of age are lovingly cared for in our Nursery where Bible verses and Bible stories are read. Join us as we continue our journey of "Passionately Pursuing Jesus Christ within Community".
Senior High & Adult CLASS OFFERINGS 2018 - 2019
- THE BIBLE: GOD'S STORY OF REDEMPTION(ROOM C-1)
- Facilitated by Pastor Joe Johnson and Kurt Postma
- Join us as we work through the Bible as it unfolds God's plan of redeeming humanity. You will come away with an overview of the drama of Scripture and the pattern of creation, fall, and redemption.
- INVESTIGATING THE 400 SILENT YEARS (ROOM A-3)
- Facilitated by Tyler Cook and Barry Dekker. A simple turn of the page and you leave behind the Old Testament to enter the New Testament but you'll soon notice that the world in which Jesus travels bears little resemblance to the one left behind in Malachi. Not a single divine spokesperson appeared before the nation during the years between the Old and New Testaments. They heard nothing from God .... nothing but silence.
- EXPERIENCING THE BIBLE IN ITS HISTORICAL CONTEXT (ROOM A-2)
- Facilitated by Jay Riemersma and John Tooke
- Every verse, chapter and book in the Bible has context. By context, we mean that which has to do with culture, time, author, audience, and the geographical and political situations that help us understand the occasion and purpose of the Bible. Each week you'll come away with a deeper appreciation of the Scriptures, how the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ intersects cultures, lives and deepens our Christian Walk. Join us and gain vital insights from long-ago times and cultures through this innovative approach to Bible study. Come - as we experience and encounter the Bible in light of it's Historical Context with the teaching ministry of Ray VanderLaan's "That The World May Know" video lessons in partnership with Focus on the Family ministries.
- UNDERSTANDING YOUR BIBLE (BOARD ROOM)
- Facilitated by Pastor Gary and Harold Kimbel
- Do you find the Bible too complex and hard to figure out? Many times we say "Leave it to the pastor, he's the expert." But did you know that God meant for everyone to read and understand His Word? It is actually written for everyone to grasp its Truths with a few fundamental principles. This straight forward approach to the Bible is known as "Dispensationalism".... how God has worked throughout history. Join us as we learn what God has to say to us about His Word through the different periods history.
- BLAST (YOUTH ROOM)
- Facilitated by Trent Ramos
- Are you a High School student and are you looking for a deep dive into the Scriptures, how they pertain to you and how you can live them in your everyday life? This is the place to be!
NURSERY THROUGH JR HIGH YOUTH CLASSES
Nursery: Susan Spykerman
Preschool: Bonnie Boyd & Goldie Johnson
K-1st Grade: Brian Mokma Room C-2
2nd-3rd Grade: Bryan & Linda Booker Room C-5
4th-5th Grade: Dawn & Vaughn Vandenbrink Room C-3
Junior High Girls & Boys: Andrew Zandstra & Dennis Klemm Room C-4
Fellowship Opportunities at Parkside
Family Bible Hour at Parkside
Sunday Mornings 9:30 a.m.-10:30 a.m. (Sept-May)
(Followed by Morning Worship at 10:45 a.m.)